Mar 14, 2007

Roller Derby....

Christies invited me to join her at the roller rink on Sunday with the Oil City Derby Girls...

I LOVED rollerskating years ago...half my childhood was spent in my rollerboots and every Friday I would go to the roller rink in Yeovil and had soooo much fun.....

Louise I am sure you came there sometimes too didn't you????? I'm sure I remember you there!

I even have a big lump on the back of my skull from roller skating - from holding onto the back of someones bike and being pulled down a hill in West Coker....my wheels locked and I went backwards and hit my head on the road.....

You know my Mother didn't even take me to hospital to get checked out!!! Her theory was that if you didn't have clear liquid coming out of your ears then you were ok (?????????) yet 25 years later the lump is still there and hurts at times when I brush my hair!!!! Geez where were social services when I needed them???? lol! If I ever lose my hair and people comment on the ugly lump on the back of my head then I will blame my mother!

Anyway, where was I?? Ah yes, Christie is going to try out for the Oil Derby Girls which sounds like a blast.....except when I went to the website and saw all the pictures I'm thinking I might just be a little bit too square to fit in.......they all have tattoos and piercings and cool hair and lots of denim and make up and stuff......and then there is me....and although Christie reassures me that I am NOT a Plain Jane (lol) I can't help thinking I'm a little too square to fit lol!

So after I stop annoying CHristie with questions, I will think about whether I want to go and have a blast at the roller rink on Sunday morning.....and I really DO want to...it would be sooo much fun.....and good exercise

Oh and you ahve to think up a cool name for yourself too.....

Maybe now would be a good time to have my tongue pierced and get my tattoo done and cut my hair REALLY short and dye it that blue black colour - all the things I have WANTED to do for years but was just too 'square' to do lol

Christie you are so good for me!
Related Posts with Thumbnails