Jan 24, 2008

So sad.

I just had an email from Louise and its left me a bit stunned. Thank you for writing Louise - I'll reply soon!

Louise told me that a boy I went to school with died last week. It is on the front page of the local newspaper back home.

Paul Hendrich was in our class for the 5 years we were at Preston School. He was really nice even back then (when so many teenaged boys aren't lol) He wasn't one of the cool boys but friendly and clever and just 'nice'....he hung around with Paul Mysiak and a few of the other clever kind of non cool boys..I remember going to France with Paul and his brother Stuart.

For the last couple of years we were in school, Paul was the boyfriend of a really pretty and lovely girl called Lorraine. Lorraine and I got to know each other during a holiday at Kilve Court. She was so nice - she told me that she had always felt intimidated by me because Paul had a soft spot for me and had always liked me - I had NO idea!!! He had NEVER said anything!!!

I always wondered what he was up to these days. Sounds like he was still a really great guy - working at a college in London and married with a one year old baby.

Sadly he was bicycling home from work last Wednesday when a truck hit his bike :(

Just so very sad. Paul - you are in my thoughts - as are your Wife and the baby who will never know how great her Daddy was.
Related Posts with Thumbnails