Mar 20, 2011

Roller Boogie....


Took the kids roller skating on family day at a roller disco in Edmonton - we went with Christie and her family!!  It was sooooo much fun!!!  They do a great family deal that includes a food coupon and skate rental - enough that we have extra for next time.  
I wasn't sure if I was going to skate, but I did and I'm sooo glad that I did - it was fab being back on skates again - first time since I was at school I think!!  The hall it was in reminded me exactly of the roller rink I used to go skating in each week in Yeovil as a teen.  Susie and I skated round together and it was really fun but boy did my legs ache by the end of the afternoon!  
Abigail of course was a total whiz at it - endless confidence that girl!!  
Sam had one of those walker type things that beginners use and he skated round holding that and had a great time!  We're heading back next week for Spring Break and the kids would like to make it a regular thing!!  They really enjoyed it!!  A nice fun family activity and I prefer it to ice skating because it isn't cold!!  :)  Plus the music is fun :)  They even have retro nights on Thursdays!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails