Mar 20, 2011

We've had a couple of lovely trips to the mountains....








.....and I'm soooo proud of myself!!  Single Mom, furthest I've ever driven on my own before, first time I've ever had to book, plan, pack, drive, and do EVERYTHING myself.....but it was easy peasy....and to be honest it was much more fun and MUCH more relaxing....as we were able to just do what we wanted the whole time....the kids could hang at the pool as long as they liked.....we'd walk in to town...go for drives, hike trails, laze in the hotel room until lunch time....relax in the hot tub until late at night.
And last Summer we met our friends Samantha and Josie....Josh and Jason spent the evening at the hotel with my kids and I went to the pub to watch a live band with samantha and Josie.
These days I don't even think about where I'm going, parking, weather or daylight/ darkness.....what a change considering a year ago I was scared to drive in snow/ ice.....scared to drive after dark....didn't know how to put gas in my truck....and would NEVER drive in to Edmonton - not even really much further than Sherwood Park!!  These days I even drive in to downtown Edmonton!!  West Ed Mall is no problem even in the worst snow storm of the year in the dark in heavy traffic because of two accidents....I DID it.....I have DONE IT....I CAN do it :)  

It's amazing how much more independent I am these days...can't imagine being as dependent as I used to be....how things can change in such a short time!!!  Yet I don't feel all that different!!  I love being able to do so much with the kids though and take them places - and enjoy it soooo much more without someone with us who is constantly looking at their watch ;)  
So freeing :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails