Jan 18, 2007

cuddles are a lovely way to wake up....

This morning started so nicely and gently.....Sam was in bed next to me cuddling my arm as he slept...then he stirred and was mumbling 'ah mama' and showing me all his dodo's (soothers)...it was lovely! so calm......it was 8:30am and so we had had a lovely long sleep....

The phone rang and I knew it would be Lloyd saying good morning.....he chatted and I could tell he was smiling as he chatted...he asked what I was doing and was going 'ahhhh'......then he said 'Uh Jane, you do know Abigail has preschool this morning don't you?'

SHIT!!!!!!

I said goodbye as he was laughing! I leapt out of bed, threw on some clothes, called to Abby to eat a banana and come get dressed......did her hair...did our teeth etc etc...washed......

I was very grateful that I had her bag ready the night before - and that preschool is just around the corner - and that Chris was home which meant I didn't have to get Sam ready to go.....

By 8:50 we were out the door and on time for preschool....

After such a calm feeling in bed this morning, it was a bit of a rude awakening!
Related Posts with Thumbnails