Jan 18, 2007

What happened to petite????

I wear petite clothing.......I am NOT tall....never have been and absolutely never will be! I love my height. Lloyd loves my height. My height has never been an issue and has never stopped me doing anything (except maybe reaching the top shelf in the grocery store lol)

The only time my height is an issue is when I want to buy pants (trousers). Stores seem to think that petite is like 5'6!!!!!!

Last night I went to several stores and tried on a LOT of pants and they were all waaaaaay too long. I leave on Monday....I don't have time to hem them or get them altered.

So I ask this lady WHY petite pants these days are NOT petite and she says 'I sooooooo KNOW what you mean!'...and then it clicked that she was actually smaller than me! I hadn't even noticed lol! So if I am 4' 11" then SHE was 4'10 inches - which actually makes her officially small enough to attend the Little People conferences in the US....

This makes Lloyd jealous lol because he really wants to attend a Little People conference...I think he'd chop my feet off if he thought it would get us in! I keep telling him, in a few years I will start shrinking so we may get lucky ;)

But anyway, I did not get any pants.....because to be petite I would have to be about 5'4"......the pants are far too long for anyone who is REALLY petite.......

My other issue with clothes is my BOOBS!!!! I have to buy tops so big to cover my boobs but then they are baggy all around my waist and tummy......I keep telling Lloyd I want them reduced but he just laughs and says NO WAY and he wants them made bigger (picture rolling eyes smiley here!)

So anyway I bought three blouses and three t-shirts and no pants.....

Oh I did buy a pair of red slippers to go with my heavenly robe Lloyd gave me for Christmas...

Lloyd just emailed me to say he's in Sportchek downtown looking for.....brown runners!!!!! lol!
Related Posts with Thumbnails