Jan 18, 2007

Feeling proud........

I was talking to Abigails preschool teacher this morning and I mentioned Abigail may be going to school......the conversation led into the teacher saying that Abigail is way more advanced than her peers - that in just 2 classes they have noticed how good she is at writing and cutting and her alphabet and everything....I explained that we are worried she will be bored in kindergarten next year.....but we don't want to put her into grade one early....

I was very proud of my little girl but this really is a dilemma...she could be in K now but we have kept her back so she won't be the youngest.....

Abigail has thrived from homeschooling......she has always wanted to be doing whatever her siblings were doing which means she has been at the table learning the same as them.....and writing and reading and being busy.....

Will kindergarten be enough for her? I know we can and will do extra things at home but I don't want her to be bored or 'dumb down'......and I think she is beyond JUST playing......
Related Posts with Thumbnails