Jan 29, 2010

Banana Bread




I blame Rhona for endlessly mentioning Banana bread and banana bread muffins on her blog recently!!! Yesterday I had a bunch of bananas that needed to be used up, so I decided to make a couple of loaves of banana bread.  Not that we needed any more cake in this house with all the celebrations we've had.....sigh....but if I put any more bananas in the freezer Lloyd will go CRAZY!!  Lol!

I used the following recipe and it is AMAZING!!!  I actually doubled the amounts and it came out perfectly - I love that you just throw the ingredients into one big bowl and mix it up - no need to separate the dry from the wet etc and I also LOVE the mix of white chocolate and milk chocolate chips!!!!  Mmmmmmm this is a REALLY good banana bread!!!

Because I baked two loaves, it took a while longer than the recipe says before the pick came out clean...

It's been a huge hit here and is still moist and yummy this morning - the kids have had some as a morning snack....(sounds better than saying breakfast right????  Lol)  

Total Yumminess.  

I'm sorry I totally can't remember where I got the recipe from...I just googled banana bread recipes and wrote one down :(  But if this sounds like your recipe then THANK YOU  - it's FAB!!!!




2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 bananas
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1/2 C milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 C white chocolate chips





Instructions

  1. Heat oven to 350
  2. Combine and mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
  3. Place batter in a greased bread pan (bottom only) or in muffin tins.
  4. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
  5. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan. Complete cooling on a wire rack.
Makes one good sized loaf



Related Posts with Thumbnails