Jan 29, 2010

I taught myself to knit!!!




Abigail wanted to try knitting as well as crochet, so I needed to know how to knit, so I could show her!  thank goodness for Youtube!!!  Abigail found THIS series of videos and they were sooooo helpful!!  Aimed at teaching teens so they are really basic and fun!!!  Abigail knitted for a little while but soon decided that knitting might not be for her and she prefers crochet with one hook rather than two needles! I liked the knitting and carried on and did this yesterday afternoon!

Lloyd walked in after work and stared at me aghast and said "OMG!!  That's it!!  you're 38 now so you've started knitting!!!  You've turned in to my Gran"!!!!!

He was laughing so much :)  

Then after supper he made coffee and came back in to find me knitting again and he told me I was scaring him :)  

Then this morning at 7:30am I sent him a text saying "Guess what I'm doing"  and he wrote back and said "NO WAY".

hahahaha  I guess 38 is the age where you get old - next thing is i'll be needing naps in the afternoon or falling asleep in the middle of tv shows......

What bugs me though is that I can teach myself to knit with two needles like this (and yes I know the knitting isn't perfect but it was the first time I had knitted since I was about 9 or 10 years old lol) and yet I can't seem to crochet beyond the foundation row!!!  :(  

I am determined to do that by the end of the weekend!!!  




Related Posts with Thumbnails