Aug 9, 2012

For today.....

Outside My Window...  a storm just ended - the weather here is so hot during the day that by late afternoon or early evening, thunderstorms roll in - these aren't nice, fun storms though - they are aggressive and nasty.




I am thinking...that I should switch the laptop off and go to sleep.  I really want to get caught up with my blog though...I think I will switch off after this post though and do more tomorrow.

I am thankful for...how lucky and blessed we were this Summer - with weather, with the car, with roads....we haven't had any bad weather while being away in our tents.
From the kitchen...tomorrow I am making pulled pork, which we are having with buns and baked potatoes.  All the kids are THRILLED as they love it :)  My 'kitchen' while away, was a little one ring gas stove.  I managed to cook some good foods on it though - including a yummy pasta dish and also another night mashed potatoes!!  It was mainly used for boiling water for coffee, tea and hot chocolate though :)

I am wearing...underwear and a tank top.  It is sooooo HOT tonight even with the ac on!!

I am creating...a novel - I started working on the book I want to write while I was away.  It is a young adult novel and I got two teen girls to read what I have written so far - It got a good response :)

I am going...to kick up a fuss with Michaels if they are not careful - they really messed up in June - and as an apology offered me a gift card for the children to use.  Two months later this has failed to arrive.  I am waiting to hear back from them as I have complained YET AGAIN!!


I am reading...a book on writing for young adults, a homeschooling magazine, Nicholas Sparks 'Safe Haven'.

I am hoping...for some good news on Friday.
I am hearing... nothing :)  It is silent here now except for my fingers on the keyboard :)

Around the house...Susannah cut the grass today to earn her Kapo (spelling????)
One of my favorite things...Getting up early while camping, and sitting outside having coffee, listening to the sounds of the other campers slowly stirring and getting up too :)  That cool early morning dewy feeling in the air - the watery sunshine and the scent of wet grass/ leaves.  It reminds me that it is almost Fall :)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...camping, watching the Meteor shower.  Camping probably at Elk Island Park - going to the Ukrainian Heritage Village (we can get in free there for a year with the Alberta History Pass).  Taking Laurence and Susannah to work and picking them up.  Hopefully some walks, maybe some swimming :)  I will watch the weather forecast and also see how we feel - and what other festivals are on....also prepping for our yard sale :)  
Related Posts with Thumbnails